Tuesday 27 February 2018

How frequently should you use hashtags to engage with your audience properly

Image from Flickr user Esther Vargas. (CC BY-SA 2.0)

With the ever increasing use of social media, hashtags have been ubiquitous. The pound (hash, #) sign turns a word or group of words accompanying the sign into a searchable link. It makes your post more searchable, allows you to follow a certain ongoing conversation in social media and search user-generated content.  

However, in spite of the usability of hashtags we’re often not sure on how to use them properly – how frequently use them in our posts in different social media platforms. As suggested by social media experts, each platform has its own specialty and we need to add hashtags to our posts accordingly.

Facebook
Facebook posts without a hashtag fare better than those with a hashtag, recommends Andrew Hutchinson in SocialMediaToday.

However, social media experts recommend using 1 or 2 sensible hashtags, especially industry specific, event specific or campaign specific (if you’re using it for a campaign) for maximum interaction.

Instagram
Use of branded (specific to your brand or company) and community hashtags are a must to interact with your followers on Instagram. While the branded hashtags help you get most loyal followers to engage and improve brand awareness, community hashtags help you make your content more discoverable and build your audience.

However, you make sure you bundle up all your hashtags at the end of the post rather than putting them in between the post.

Experts suggest using more than 10 hashtags in your Instagram posts, but make sure you don’t use more than 30 tags. As Instagram Help Center suggests, don’t use more than 30 tags on a single photo/video. If you do so, your comment won’t get posted.


Twitter
Don’t use more than two hashtags in a Twitter post and keep your hashtags relevant to what you’re tweeting about.

Make sure to generate your own specific hashtags during special events so as to track the ongoing conversation and engage with like-minded people.


LinkedIn
Though it was useless using hashtags in your LinkedIn posts earlier, I would suggest using 1-2 hashtags in a LinkedIn post. LinkedIn Help suggests: “There are no limits to the number of hashtags that can be added to each article, but you should choose your hashtags wisely, so they reach the most suitable members for that article.


Want to know more? Here’s a pin detailing the use of hashtags.



20 comments:

  1. Its a very useful blog Sanjib ji. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a very useful blog Sanjib ji. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I
    am inspired! Extremely useful information particularly the closing part :) I take care of such info a
    lot. I used to be seeking this certain info for a very long time.
    Thank you and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Someone in my Facebook group shared this website with us so I came to check it out.
    I'm definitely loving the information. I'm bookmarking and will be tweeting this to my followers!
    Fantastic blog and terrific design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this website from my pal who informed me regarding this web page and now this time I am visiting this site and reading very informative articles here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why viewers still make use of to read news papers when in this
    technological globe all is existing on web?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which
    blog platform are you using for this website? I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had issues with hackers and I'm
    looking at alternatives for another platform. I would be great
    if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not even know the way I ended up here, however
    I assumed this put up used to be good. I do not recognize
    who you might be however certainly you are going to a famous blogger for
    those who aren't already. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post offers clear idea in favor of the new users of
    blogging, that in fact how to do blogging and site-building.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my first time visit at here and i am actually pleassant to
    read all at one place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site
    with us so I came to give it a look. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm book-marking and will be tweeting
    this to my followers! Exceptional blog and amazing design and style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello I am so excited I found your blog page, I really found you by mistake, while I
    was browsing on Askjeeve for something else, Anyhow I am here now
    and would just like to say kudos for a remarkable post
    and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to go through it all at the
    moment but I have bookmarked it and also added in your RSS feeds, so
    when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there it's me, I am also visiting this web site regularly, this web site is actually good and the viewers are in fact sharing good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello I am so delighted I found your web site, I really found you by mistake, while
    I was looking on Google for something else, Anyhow
    I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a remarkable post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to read through it all
    at the moment but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time
    I will be back to read much more, Please do
    keep up the fantastic jo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome website you have here but I was curious about
    if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same
    topics talked about in this article? I'd really like to be a
    part of online community where I can get opinions from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest.
    If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello there! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be okay.

    I'm absolutely enjoying your blog and look forward to new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. With havin so much content do you ever run into any issues
    of plagorism or copyright violation? My blog has a lot
    of completely unique content I've either authored myself or outsourced but it
    seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any
    methods to help protect against content from being ripped off?
    I'd definitely appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sites with excellent quality content become valuable to search
    engines. It provides flexible operating here we are at the employees and one can have pretty large wage along with the
    appropriate spare time. asia expert in providing website designing,
    website development, seo services, website hosting, digital marketing services and offering
    professional readymade scripts without any hesitation work and these Yourneeds.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This gives a website web presence and it gives you
    a major advantage over your competition. They would try
    to make your site famous through social networking sites
    like my space, Facebook, Twitter, Digo, Digg, Delicious, etc as
    a part of their SEO services London. Taking a look at other company's websites within a particular
    niche field can clue you in to what's being actively searched for, and what's
    not.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want to to thank you for this fantastic read!!
    I certainly loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to look at new things you post…

    ReplyDelete